Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bijdragen van oud-collegas (2)

Like everyone else I have some [anecdotes]. I loved working with Ceteco. For the most part they were a hardworking, fun loving, unpretentious bunch.
One of the most vivid memories for me were.


In San Pedro Sula

There had been a rash of burglaries in the area. Someone was going over the wall and into the gardens of houses and cutting the security guards throats and then robbing the houses. It had happened twice in the last month. Late at night I heard my security guard yelling Señor Steve, Señor Steve, agarré uno. I went outside and he had a guy down on the ground in plastic handcuffs. The guard said he pretended to be asleep and when the guy got within range he pointed his pistol at him and cuffed him. We threw him in the back of my truck and took him to the police station. When we got there the duty office looked like he was about twelve. He asked what was going on and we told him. He looked at us and asked why we brought him in, instead of just shooting him in the forehead and leaving him in a ditch. We said we weren’t going to do that. He said ok, just leave him here and I will do it. The fellow we had brought in was visibly agitated to say the least. We left and don’t know whatever happened but every day in the local paper there were bodies found shot to death and discarded. Draw your own conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment